Tattoos are permanent and their removal is painful and expensive, so better think twice before you decide to tattoo.
Motives that you put on your skin should be in accordance with your personality, and be a harmonious part of your expression.
Tattooing is a painful process and causes stress and fatigue, so before tattooing eat abundantly and rest, anxiety of hunger makes harder to sit still and extends the process of tattooing.
Tattooing involves a great number of risks from various infections and diseases, allergic reactions, to unsuccessful attempts that become the subject of ridicule.
It is very important before tattooing to check the following:
– The hygienic conditions in room in which the tattooing takes place must be at a high level, surfaces that come into contact with equipment or tattoo must be either disposable or such that they can be sterilized
– Needles must be sealed in sterile packaging, ink is poured into the cup just before the tattooing, the skin on the part tattooed must be shaved and thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant
– Study the works of the person who will tattoo you and how much he/she has experience with tattooing
At least 24 hours before and after tattooing avoid alcohol and drugs, they enhance bleeding and make it difficult to tattoo, and also contribute to the expulsion of the color from the skin.
Dress appropriately, so that the place you get a tattoo is easily accessible.
THE TATTOOING PROCESS
Tattooing is a process during which the ink is inserted into the skin.
Color is inserted by the needle passing through the upper layer of skin – the epidermis and leads to the lower layer of the skin – the dermis.
After healing color in the epidermis goes out with the scab, and then remains visible layer of ink in the upper dermis.
The dermis is a stable layer of the skin which does not change, so that the color remains permanently in the skin.
When choosing a place for tattoo will be it is necessary to pay attention to the following:
– To put tattoos on always visible place such as hands, neck or head can carry the consequences such as difficulty in finding work or wrong judgment in a society that does not tolerate such expression
– In places where the skin is most stretched (elbow, knee, ankles …) tattoos will quickly lose its look, you will have to more often refresh it, and often repair immediately after healing
– On the palms and soles is extremely difficult to keep the ink in the skin and keep look of your tattoo
– At the top of the hand and fingers skin is exposed to all weather conditions and are much stretched, tattoos on those parts of the body quickly lose its look and often must be repair immediately after healing
The needle enters under the skin only a few millimeters, and the pain felt is mostly described as stronger scratching or pinching.
The intensity of pain depends from person to person, but the pain of tattooing is mainly within the limits of tolerance of the average person.
People who do not tolerate pain should avoid places of intense pain.
Some painkillers may alleviate pain. Consumption of alcohol and drugs does not ease the pain.
The healing of your tattoo requires your attention and reasonable behavior.
Tattoo maintenance is very important, and from it depends how the tattoo will finally look like.
In addition to appearance, proper maintenance also affects the prevention of scarring, faster healing and reducing the possibilities of inflammation.
The skin from tattoo should take on average 5-10 days to recover.
Upon completion of the tattoo artist will clean thoroughly the tattoo and protected with a bandage.
Do not touch the tattoo at least five days.
The bandage serves to protect the damaged skin from bacteria and impurities from the air and from the touch.
Five days after the tattoo was bandaged remove the bandage and clean the tattoo.
A tattoo is best cleaned with warm water and a mild shampoo or soap.
It should be cleaned gently not to irritate the skin, but in detail in order to remove the all from the skin.
After cleaning the tattoo dry by patting with a paper towel, and apply a thin layer of ointment.
A tattoo should be maintained in this way three to four times a day during the first three days.
Further days it is only necessary to pay attention that the tattoo is lubricated.
It is recommended:
– The tattoo must always be clean and lubricated
– A tattoo as much as possible to keep uncovered, cover it only if it must be protected from the irritation or dirt
– Wear light and airy clothes that cover the tattoo
– See that to the skin around the tattoo is as little possible stressed and moved, each expansion and contraction of the skin causes stress on wound and increases the healing time and affects the appearance of tattoos
– Occasionally cool – helps reduce bleeding, relieves irritation, swelling and itching
– Avoid direct sunlight, the sun is very aggressive to the damaged skin
– It is not desirable to over-soak the skin in water, over-soaked skin leads to a loss of color
– Do not scratch nor tear the skin that peels
– Avoid excessive sweating